Have a Story to Tell? Had a medical error?

This blog is about patient safety, medical malpractice, staying healthy, and preventing future errors. Help & empower someone else, Teach a lesson, Bear witness, Build our community - Email us or call 781-444-5525.

Frustrated with a health problem?

Need an ally in your health crisis? Call 781-444-5525, or learn more.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am determined to have a future: Seeking a kidney

My name is Beth Abramowitz and I am 33 years old. I am married to a loving husband and together we have a wonderful and energetic four-year old son named Adam and a newborn daughter named Olivia. We live in Scarsdale, New York.

After the birth of my son Adam we learned that I had kidney disease. The disease has progressed over the years and we are now at a stage where it has become necessary to begin to plan for a kidney transplant. Our hope is that this transplant will enable me to continue me to live a normal and healthy life and enjoy many more happy years with my family. I have so much to live for and I am determined to have a future with my husband, son and newborn daughter.

Please contact me [at this web site] if you or someone you know is interested in considering the donation of a kidney. A potential donor needs to be under the age of 60 and have Type O (O+ or O) blood. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who might consider helping us.

Thank you.

Beth


Advice to those needing an organ replacement: Consider publicizing what you need on your own web site, like Beth.

Read a kidney exchange story.

No comments: