Have a Story to Tell? Had a medical error?

This blog is about patient safety, medical malpractice, staying healthy, and preventing future errors. Help & empower someone else, Teach a lesson, Bear witness, Build our community - Email us or call 781-444-5525.

Frustrated with a health problem?

Need an ally in your health crisis? Call 781-444-5525, or learn more.

Friday, July 20, 2007

I owe my life: Recovery from alcohol use

Heather's story

I have been documenting my life lately but not here. I miss it. I owe my LIFE! to 43things.com. The support I have gained here has been incomparable to anything in my history. It put me in the place I needed to be. I need to revisit more often to give support to all the others in the early stages of getting where I’m at now. Thank you 43things.com. I am no longer an alcoholic, I have lost more than 40 pounds, I have learned to set goals and follow them through! I am LIVING and all I needed the whole time was a little support. Thanks to ‘make new friends’ I have my own support network these days and HONESTLY I couldn’t have pulled myself out of the darkness I was in if not for help.

xoxo,
Heather Rae Hatton

Advice to those struggling against dependence: Find a welcoming support group.

Read another of our drug dependence stories, or read Heather’s source blog post.

No comments: